Quit Claims – A Minute with the Clerk


We receive many inquiries from residents that come in to say that they would like to add their spouse, siblings, or children to their deeds.  While it is not a complex thing to do, we highly suggest checking with a land record attorney before filing the deed at our office.  A few simple words such as “Survivorship” or “Life Use” can make a huge difference in the transfer of property.  All paperwork in the State of Connecticut requires an OP-236 Conveyance form.   

I am not an Attorney so I don’t want to speak on the specifics if someone passes away, if there could be a gift tax, or who has rights to live in the home, but if you think you may need to file a Quit Claim in the near future, please don’t hesitate to reach out to a local attorney to know your rights. 

Election day is Tuesday, November 8, 2022.  Make sure to get out and vote!