Your Home Should be the Safest Place in the Whole World, Right?
In this day & age, we are often driven to think that by using cleaning brands boasting “maximum strength”, we can have the “safe” (i.e. microorganism-free) and clean home we’ve always wanted. Hoping that by increasing the amount of toxicity caused to these organisms, we are getting the most out of our money – and of course, bettering the quality of life of our families, especially our children.
Sure, your house might appear to be squeaky clean on the surface, but will you and your family be safe in it? Well think about it. Would you let your kids play with toxic chemicals? No right? Then why would you let them crawl/play on a floor that has been wiped with them?
Children can be sensitive to the chemicals in everyday cleaning products, especially if they have allergies or asthma. It’s especially disturbing that children in our homes who, unaware of the danger, crawl, lie, eat, put their hands on the very surfaces that we use these products on and then probably put those same hands in their mouth! Due to their smaller body mass and since children have higher metabolic rates than adults and are different
from adults in how their bodies absorb, detoxify and excrete toxins, what may be an “unnoticed” dose of toxins for an adult, may be a lethal dose for a small child. These harsh ingredients do not only kill germs they could affect your children’s health in a number of ways. Here are a few examples:
• Poisoning • Airway Irritation • Eye Irritation • Allergies • Eczema
I believe in cleaners that do not leave behind more toxins than the toxins they are supposed to clean. I chose to change my cleaning habits to Natural, Green Cleaners that work, are safe for the planet and for me and my family’s health. Coaching others on how to make this simple switch is something I enjoy doing. Are you ready to go green and start making your home the safest place for you and your family?
Stay Safe, Dawn Chasse Health Coach Wolcott, CT